Personal information we collect
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse https://corporatecareergirl.com/, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website and information about how you interact with on our site with the use of Google Analytics.
Below is an outline of the personal information we collect:
- Your IP address (approximate) geographical location, browser type, operating system, length of visit, referral resource, page views and website navigation which we collect via our Google Analytics account;
- Information such as your first name, last name and email address when you sign up or subscribe to our newsletters;
- Information such as your first name, last name and email address when you comment on our blog posts or contact us via our contact form;
- Information such as your first name, last name and email address when you sign up or join a giveaway competition;
- Information you share with us by completing or taking part in a survey or Quiz;
- Information you share with us when you submit a guest article or Sponsored article on Corporate Career Girl, such as your first and last name, email address, profile picture and biography.
While you visit our online store, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
How we collect your information
We collect your first name, last name and email address when you sign up to our newsletter subscription forms. If at any time you wish to no longer receive our newsletters, email updates, blog articles or any other information, you can do so by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom (footer) or top (header) of any newsletters and email updates we send you.
When you leave a comment on our site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Third Party Analytics Tools
We collect information through analytics tools provided by our hosting platform (Siteground) to help us measure trends and the traffic to our website. Additionally, we collect information through Google Analytics. This is a website analytics service offered by Google which allows us to track and report traffic to our website. As mentioned in section 1 – Google Analytics collects information such as your IP address (approximate) geographical location, browser type, operating system, length of visit, referral resource, page views and website navigation.
All quiz responses are separate from any personal data such as your name or email address. Which means that specific responses cannot be linked to a particular individual.
Payment Processing Tools
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.We collect information such as your first name, last name, billing address and email address when you use our services or purchase products from our store. We accept payments through PayPal and Visa. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Why we collect your information
- We collect your personal information (as mentioned above) for marketing purposes. The information we collect helps us to tailor our articles and blog content to your preferences;
- We collect your information so that we can send you the latest updates, blog content, free resources and giveaway competitions via our newsletter.
- To improve and personalise your user experience on CCG;
- To send regulated email updates, newsletters, promotions, contests, surveys and blog content;
- To reply, respond or deal with any inquiry or blog comment;
- To Inform any third parties we work with about our web and user statistics (Non-personally identifiable information, such as anonymous data usage, click rates, open rates, landing pages, exit pages, user sessions etc.) For example, your IP Address which is collected through Google Analytics, allows us to identify from which Geographical location our readers come from. (Note: Your personal information is NOT and will NOT be disclosed);
- To enable your use of any other services on our website.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it. We will store order information for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses. You have the right to access, view or request removal of your data at any time.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Third-party disclosure and links
Our website may include affiliate links and re-directions to third party websites. When you access third party sites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control and aren’t liable for those sites and what those third parties do. We may use third-party plugins, apps and tools to help improve our services and website.
Corporate career girl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You can find more about Amazon Associates Program here. Please also read our disclaimer.
Guest articles, sponsored articles & interviews
By submitting your guest article, sponsored article or by participating in an interview, you agree for us to distribute your published article on our website and any other social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
Click here to find out more about Guest Blogging on CCG.
- We will publish and share your guest article, sponsored article and/or interview alongside any information you freely provide us, such as your profile picture, name and biography;
- We are not liable for any comments or actions by our website visitors and readers, and for any personal information you willingly decide to share in your published article or interview.
- We cannot control or prevent any misuse of your published guest articles, sponsored articles, interviews or any other published information;
- We may choose to delete from our site, without reason, notice or consent, any content or information you provide us.
In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping baskets, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like our Google Analytics and Google AdSense tools. Cookies help to make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Location: The United Kingdom